Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Life Isn't Necessarily What We Imagined It As, Hey?

Today is a bit more of a personal post that I just felt writing after the last week or two. It's a bit out of the norm for me to write something like this but I figure life is about getting out of your comfort zone so why not?


Photo credit: Pop Sugar

The closer I've been getting to 25, the more I've been freaking out. When I was growing up and in high school, I used to think that you finished school, maybe went to uni to study or just got a full time job and very quickly your life would fall into place. Oh boy, how wrong I was. Yes, some people are great at figuring out how they'd like to live their life but some, like myself, take a little longer.

Right now, I'm in a job that I don't necessarily see myself being in long term but man, have I learnt a lot. I've learnt so much about myself as well as the working world and I believe that these lessons and skills will help me to be a better person and to continue on this path we call life.

In the past couple of days, I've really been thinking about how life works and how it pans itself out. I've realised that I really am only 24 and it's really nothing to get worked up about. Yes, I've been out of school for 7 years but so what? I like to think that things happen the way they do for a reason. Maybe something will just click for me one day and I'll be like, 'YES! That's exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life'. And who knows, that could happen next week or it could take me a few years. Either way, I'm just going to roll with it and enjoy the ride.

I think it's all about making the most of every situation and to continue learning about yourself and the world around you, whether you've got a plan or not. Keep challenging yourself and striving to be the best you can be. That's all we can really do, hey? 

This is definitely different to anything I've ever written but I guess if it helps someone, then it was worth it. Putting so much pressure on yourself isn't good for yourself and I think that letting this all out into my blog may help me too.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am about to turn 28 next month and life is only just falling in to place for me now. I doubted it would ever happen. <3
    http://tahanalee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete